Positions available for enrollment in the PhD in Economics
Academic year 2018/2019
For the academic year 2018/2019, five positions are available. All positions are tuition free. The five positions come with a scholarship (gross € 15.343.28 per year).
The application for admission must be submitted on line by May 14, 2018 at at 16 (CEST), UTC + 2.
PLEASE CONSIDER THAT
The D.R. n.51 of 16 April 2018 ordered an extension of the deadlines established by the D.R. n. 26 of 23 February 2018, by which has been issued the call for the comparative evaluation for admission to the XXXIV cycle PhD courses, published in the G.U. 4th Special Series – Competitions and Exams – n.23 of March 20, 2018, for the submission of applications to Economics PhD Program, cycle XXXIV.
The deadline for submitting applications has been extended to May 14, 2018 at 16:00 (CEST), UTC + 2.
It is specified that:
- the applications already submitted remain valid;
- the candidates who have already submitted the application have the possibility, if it is necessary, to integrate the declarations produced, the qualifications and the documentation already attached, sending any other documents by email to email@example.com;
- if the candidates who have already submitted an application would like to send further documentation, any additional documents will integrate the original application, while updated versions of already submitted documents will be considered;
- the deadline for sending the documentation is on the 14 May 2018 at 16:00 (CEST), UTC + 2.
In order for us to consider your application it is necessary that you submit a complete application.
You must upload all of the requested documentation and supply correct referee details through our online application system.
If you have a master degree awarded in italian Universities please
If you have a master degree awarded in EU and non-EU Universities please
Once the procedure for submitting the application has been completed, the candidate will receive by email a copy of the application as a proof of the accuracy and validity of the procedure.
Detailed information is contained in the call available in English and in Italian.
Along with the application form students must provide:
I) Certification/self-certification of the degree held setting out the exams sat and the associated grade awarded and credits earned, the grade point average and the degree grade (for each degree if more than one degree held).
Candidates with a qualification awarded in an EU country must submit the following:
- degree parchment in its original language;
- diploma supplement and academic transcript in their original language;
- translation into Italian or English of the two documents indicated in the preceding points 1 and 2: the translations are not required if the documents in question are issued by the institution directly in English.
Candidates with a qualification awarded in a non-EU country must submit the following:
- degree parchment in its original language;
- academic transcript in its original language;
- translation into Italian or English of the two documents indicated in the preceding points A and B: the translations are not required if the documents in question are issued by the institution directly in English.
For qualifications awarded in a non-EU country the admitted candidates may submit a statement of comparability of the foreign qualification issued by the Information Centre on Academic Mobility and Equivalence (CIMEA) as an alternative to submission of the documents indicated in points A and B above. In that regard candidates should click on the following link: http://cis.cimea.it/estero/.
II) Curriculum vitae, indicating all the qualifications held (for example, master’s degree, advanced courses, other PhDs, etc.), research undertaken, study and work periods abroad or in any event of international relevance, and certified knowledge of additional foreign languages other than English, if any.
III) National ID card/passport.
IV) List of publications in areas pertinent to the doctoral program as well as the full text of a maximum of three publications included in the said list.
It is recommended that files be uploaded in pdf format.
V) Research Proposal, consistent with the educational goals and the themes of the doctoral program (maximum 12,000 characters with spaces, excluding the bibliography).
VI) A Statement of Purpose: maximum 3,000 characters with spaces, written in English.
This should be a statement from candidates setting out the reasons that have led them to continue their studies, describing their studies so far and briefly indicating their research interests;
VIII) no. 1 reference letter sent by a professor or a recognized expert by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org inserting the name of the candidate and the PhD program for which he/she submits the application.
- Any other qualifications: for example, certification of knowledge of foreign languages other than English or certification of other qualifications held, indicating the marks obtained in the single exams if such marks were awarded (for example, a master’s degree in a subject pertinent to the doctoral program, European Doctorate, relevant experience at institutions and public bodies).
For additional information and inquiries write to email@example.com
- Call for applications PhD Programs cycle XXXIV (.pdf) (en)
- Bando di concorso Corsi di Dottorato XXXIV ciclo (.pdf) (it)
- ANNEX B – ECONOMICS (.pdf) (en)
- ALLEGATO B – ECONOMICS (.pdf) (it)
- Istruzioni per la compilazione della domanda (.pdf) (it)
- Instructions for completing the application for admission to the PhD programs (.pdf) (en)